These spring-operated poppet valves, with optional relief settings, allow
free flow in only one direction and prevent backflow – sometimes referred
to as “backflow preventor”, “flow stop”, or “non-return” valve.
They also are used for relief and by-pass functions; however, they should not be used as safety relief valves. Kepner's Flexible
Seal Seat™ combines metal-to-metal contact with a resilient seal
seat ensuring dependable bubble-tight shutoff of liquid or gas, and long service
life. Standard and specialty valve designs handle a wide variety of applications.
Seal Seat™ for zero leak (bubble-tight) seal at low
and high pressures
- O-Ring seal positively secured
- Non-pressurized threads
- Poppet stop inside valve body prevents spring from bottoming out
- Generous flow passages allow full flow with minimal pressure drop
- See Applications for selection/ limitation notes about O-Ring and Valve materials
- End Connections: Pipe or Tube (NPT, JIC; 12 combinations)
- Port Sizes: 1/8 inch to 3 inch (3.2 mm to 76 mm)
- Body Materials: Aluminum, Brass, Steel, 303 or 316 Stainless Steel
- O-Ring Seals: Buna-N, Neoprene, Viton®, EP, others available
- Temperature: -300°F to 450°F (-184°C to 232°C), O-Ring
- Check Crack Pressure: 1 to 2 PSI (.07 bar to .14 bar)
- Relief/Check Crack Pressures: 5 PSI (.35 bar), 10 PSI (0.7 bar),
25 PSI (1.7 bar), 50 PSI (3.5 bar) and 65 PSI (4.5 bar), others available
- Operating Pressure: to 3000 PSI (207 bar)
- Flow: to 500 GPM (1893 LPM)
Consult Factory or Distributor for more help. Customer/user is solely
responsible to select products suitable for their specific application requirements
and to ensure proper installation, operation and maintenance of these products.
Improper selection or use of products can cause personal injury or property
damage. All sales are subject to Kepner Products Company Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.